As someone who has been blogging for three years, it never ceases to amaze me when there are still other fellow bloggers who kindly wish to say, “Hey, your blog is awesome,” by nominating it for blog awards. I’ve been nominated for two and I wish to take this week to finally acknowledge them and show my sincerest thanks.
I am quite shocked that my blog seems to be getting nominated quite heavily this year alone. The duo over at Comparative Geeks were kind enough to list me as one of their choices to give this award to. You might be wondering why the title of my post has the “one year later” part tacked on. Well, it’s because I was already nominated for this award back when my blog was new and fledgling.
Last December I was nominated by the awesome Paprika-no-Yume for the Liebster Blog Award. When you accept the award, one of the rules the blogger had to do was name at least 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers for their blog to nominate. A pay-it-forward type of award which is a lovely idea. At the time I could only name one blogger which was the Shojo Corner. Today I would like to round up the additional four bloggers who I think are up and coming. This is my continuation of my December post concerning the award. Without further ado and in no particular order I’m going to start with number 2:
2. soaringwingsblog – This blog has a little of everything: anime, manga, and video games. I especially enjoy her analysis about common game elements when she writes them. She poses good discussions and brings up ideas you may or may not have had yourself. Her game reviews are excellent to read as well.
3. Lazy Cat Cafe – This blog started just this year and I’m already loving the posts I’m reading. Like the blog in number 2, it also contains discussions about anime, manga, and video games. I’m so excited to find more bloggers like me who enjoy these three things. This blogger’s thoughts on games I have played or would like to play in the future are entertaining to read and we have similar tastes in games too.
4. Black Strawberry – This anime blog is both insightful and fun to read. Some of her posts are very creative and it makes you think. I’m drawn to blogs that spark a discussion and offers other view points. If you are looking for blogs that go beyond just the anime then this is worth a read.
5. The Glory Whole – Another anime blog with plenty of anime reviews and some fun videos he finds interesting and shares with everyone who reads his blog. A lot of the anime he reviews are for series that are popular and not so popular in anime. A lot of the anime he reviews I’m not familiar with, but when I get around to expanding my anime viewing to beyond the shojo this blog will be my go-to place.
There you have it. I fully completed my acceptance of the Liebster Blog Award and I hope you fellow readers will find these blogs a delight to read like I have.
Imagine my surprise when I went on WordPress this morning and I found out that I was chosen for a Liebster Blog Award by Paprika-no-Yume! You are awesome and many thanks for the nomination. My blog is still new in the blogging circles, but I do my very best in keeping this blog up and running. I’m also very grateful to the readers and followers I do have so far, and you make maintaining this blog worthwhile. Paprika also got a Liebster Blog Award for her photo blog and it’s amazing. I love photography and hers is breathtakingly beautiful. Keep the blog going, Paprika!
About the Award:
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The rules for accepting the Liebster Blog Award are:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & paste the blog award on your blog
4. Reveal your 5 blog picks.
5. Let them know you choose them by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here’s where passing along the nomination to 5 other blogs is going to be tricky for me. A lot of the blogs I follow have more than 200 followers, which would defeat the purpose of passing along this particular award to them. And the ones who are newcomers have already gotten the award. A huge dilemma indeed. I have one I’d like to nominate, and if I stumble upon four other really great blogs that deserves recognition I will be sure to pass on the good will to that blog and update this post with my pick.
1. Shojo Corner – I’m not sure if this blog has lots of followers, but it deserves to be read if it isn’t being read already. The blog focuses mainly on shojo manga with great reviews and analysis. This blog is a must read for any shojo fan out there.
And that’s it for my nominations for now. It’s so sad that I only know of one blog that is up and coming. I won’t despair though. I will be on the hunt for more newcomers who deserve the honor.
Thanks again Paprika for sharing the love!