The most rewarding thing about maintaining a blog for as long as I have is knowing there are people all over the world who read what I have written. I don’t make any money out of blogging every week (not yet anyway) and the desire to keep it going is only fueled by my passion for writing and the group of dedicated readers and visitors who stop by to see what’s the latest I’ve written about. This is why it’s greatly appreciated when a fellow blogger wants to show their appreciation for the effort you put into keeping a blog and your writing is at least being read by one person. It is with this thought in mind that I happily accept my nomination for the Mystery Blogger Award by Michaela of Objection Network.
Entering the month of October for most people means there’s a lot going on from anticipated video game releases to more fall shows returning or debuting for the first time on television. October for me and the blog will be an especially busy time and I want to outline what you can expect from me this month.
My readers may already be aware of this, if you read my recent video game challenge post, but in case you aren’t, I’ll be cruising around Europe for about a week and a half starting this week. During this time period, my blog will be a little quiet until I return after the Fourth of July weekend. I should hopefully feel invigorated and a little less jet lag when you start seeing regular posts resume. For now, I’m going to take this time to address a shiny new blog award I’ve gotten not too long ago. Continue reading “Setting Sail And A Blogger Recognition Award!”
As someone who has been blogging for three years, it never ceases to amaze me when there are still other fellow bloggers who kindly wish to say, “Hey, your blog is awesome,” by nominating it for blog awards. I’ve been nominated for two and I wish to take this week to finally acknowledge them and show my sincerest thanks.
It’s Christmas week and it has come upon us a little too quickly for my liking. I’m not the only one who feels this way. Just about everyone I spoke to feels the same way. The end of 2013 feels like a marathon race to get to the finish line, which would be 2014, but it’s still my favorite time of the year. I enjoy seeing all the Christmas decorations and spending time with my friends and family, as we get together for holiday parties and gorging ourselves on delicious food and eggnog. Because it’s Christmas week and New Year’s the following week, this post will be short and a good opportunity to address my blog being nominated for Blog of the Year!
Let it be known that 2013 has been a big year for blog awards on simpleek. There’s just so many amazing bloggers who are just too kind and really very talented. The always awesome and lovable Cary of Recollections of Play has awarded me with the WordPress Family Award.
I am quite shocked that my blog seems to be getting nominated quite heavily this year alone. The duo over at Comparative Geeks were kind enough to list me as one of their choices to give this award to. You might be wondering why the title of my post has the “one year later” part tacked on. Well, it’s because I was already nominated for this award back when my blog was new and fledgling.
For my usual Monday post, I’m going to address a blog award nomination I received! This also means you’ll learn more useless (useful?) facts about me. The always wonderful Crystal K.M. of PhoenixDown decided to nominate me for the One Lovely Blog Award which I wholeheartedly accept and thank her for.
There seems to be a blogger award season going around lately. Whenever I scroll through my reader feed on WordPress, there’s usually one or two bloggers I follow who have gotten nominated for a blog award. The lovely honor has now been bestowed upon me with the Sunshine Blogger Award!
A few days ago, Paprika-no-Yume nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. It was such a nice surprise and I’m truly honored to be recognized for it. Thanks so much Paprika! You are an awesome person and blogger. The award has rules just like the Liebster Blog Award so I’m going to do my best to follow them. Here goes!
- Thank the award giver and link back to their blog in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this award along to 15 blogs.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
I addressed number one so here’s seven random things about myself:
1. I have an obsessive love of flowers. I see flowers and I float towards them. Imagine me as an anime character doing something outrageous like that!
2. I’m actually a quiet person in real life. Someone would really have to make the effort to draw me out and get me to talk more. Once I feel comfortable, I open up more with the person and my talkative, dorky self comes out.
3. My music taste is quite varied. I’ll listen to anything that sounds good. As a result, I have no particular favorite artist.
4. I love the smell of paper.
5. I keep a personal journal to record anything significant in my life. I like the idea of having a collection of “books” so to speak about my life. Once the journals are finished, I store them away safely. I look back on them when I feel nostalgic. I’m quite surprised how much I may or may not have changed when I look back on what I have written in the past.
6. I yell at my TV while I play video games. I’ve developed gamer rage ever since I became one.
7. I’m an organized person. I really can’t stand clutter in my home and work life. My spaces need to be neat and tidy.
Now for my 15 nominees. Unfortunately, I know I won’t be able to list exactly 15 but it will have to do. Here are my nominees for the award in no particular order:
1. Shojo Corner
4. Anime B&B
I really need to find more blogs to read, but these are my choices. Definitely not 15, but these blogs deserve it. Either way, it’s a wonderful thing to be nominated for a blog award by other great bloggers!