There seems to be a blogger award season going around lately. Whenever I scroll through my reader feed on WordPress, there’s usually one or two bloggers I follow who have gotten nominated for a blog award. The lovely honor has now been bestowed upon me with the Sunshine Blogger Award!
I have been nominated not once, but twice for this lovely award. Thanks for the nomination CheeeseToastie and the lovely girls over at Geeky ‘n Girly! It’s a lovely gesture to be selected and seen as the blog that inspires others. I’m so moved! There are rules to accepting this award, which I will address right now:
1. Use the award logo in a post and/or on your blog. (Done in this post and it’s on display with the other blogger awards I have been given in the past on the right hand side of my blog when you scroll down.)
2. Include a link back to whoever nominated you. (Two times the links from two great bloggers! Check out both if you aren’t already.)
3. Offer 10 pieces of random information about you. (You get to know more about me that may not be in my “About The Girl” page! Yay?)
4. Nominate ten other bloggers who ‘positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.’ (Check for the end of this post.)
5. Let your nominees know about their much deserved award. (Will do!)
10 Random Information About Me:
1. In high school I’ve been nicknamed “Hawaiian Girl” or “Flower Girl” because I pin my hair up with flower accessories. I still do this now.
2. I’m a bit of a neat freak. I can’t have my living or work space haphazard or disorganized.
3. I studied eleven years of Spanish since it was a requirement to take language classes in junior high and until now my knowledge of the Spanish language is basic at best. Sad I know. I wish I was fluent in at least one foreign language.
4. I keep a personal journal I write in to record my thoughts, feelings, and significant life events. I started keeping one since junior high and I have books filled with all my life experiences thus far.
5. I don’t own any pets, and I don’t have a real desire to own one either.
6. I once got free admission to a church in Quebec, Canada that required a small fee to get in and tour the place. The man accepting the money thought I was 16. I was actually in my early to mid-20s at the time. Yay for looking younger than you actually are?
7. I’ll watch just about any type of movie except horror films. I don’t watch them because my mom and older sister have conditioned me to believe that if I watched any horror movie it will give me nightmares. I still believe that.
8. Anyone who doesn’t know me personally may think I’m quiet and don’t like to talk. Usually if I’m quiet it’s because I have nothing to say or I’m wrapped up in a task I’m doing at the moment.
9. I don’t like a lot of photos taken of me. I tend to not post too many photos of me or there aren’t too many taken of me. The only time I try to be in a picture is when I’m traveling to a new place or it’s a special event. Even then, you can bet I’ll still be picky about what photos see the light of day.
10. I used to want to be a fashion designer when I was younger, but realized early on that I don’t have the talent to sketch nor the vision to dream up new outfits for the runways.
Now that you’ve read those random facts about me, here are the following 10 bloggers who I wish to nominate for this award. Some of them are bloggers I have been following for a long time now and others are new bloggers who also have great content and deserve to be recognized. I’m also aware that some of these bloggers have been nominated for this award before by other bloggers, but they deserve the nomination again:
4. Anime B&B
8. A4man Blog
10. Trivial Punk
Follow these blogs if you don’t already! Also, sorry about this post not being a “real” post on my blog, but I needed to acknowledge this award and I had another busy weekend come and go. Expect the usual by next Monday. Now I’m off to notify people about their nomination.