A bit of randomness and fun for this week’s blog update. Marina over at Anime B&B has tagged me to take part in the “anime blogger interrogation game.” This is another opportunity for my readers and fellow bloggers to get to know me. Here are the rules:
(copy/pasted from the original)
- Each person is supposed to follow the rule of fives.You are allowed to ask 5 questions, after which you can tag up to 5 bloggers by hyper-linking to their blog; 5 questions because it’s not too many to flood another blogger and occupy too much of his/her time, but yet a large enough number to ask your most important questions, and 5 bloggers to avoid spamming. Hence, prioritize your questions, and who you wish to ask!
- Those tagged are obliged to answer the questions in a blog post, and after which, they are entitled to create their own 5 questions and tag 5 other bloggers, so on and so fourth. You are allowed to tag the person that tagged you in the first place. Also, copy and paste this section on your blog so others can understand how the game goes.
- In the case where a blogger strongly refuses to answer a question, he/she must instead post a nice anime image, wallpaper or cosplay picture, et cetera in response to that question.
- To make things interesting, a blogger can include wildcards in his/her 5 questions by placing an asterisk, (*), after which those tagged are obliged to reveal something interesting about themselves that others did not previously know. There is no limit to the number of asterisks one can place (which means there can be up to 5 wildcard questions).
- Anyone can feel free to start the game; you don’t necessarily need someone to tag you. Just create your 5 questions and tag your 5 people of choice. However, the catch is that you must answer your own 5 questions as well.
- To potentially prevent an endless game, this round of games will end on the 8th September 2012, 12pm JST (GMT +9). After which, no more bloggers can tag others to answer their questions.
Here are my answers to Marina’s questions:
1. If you had to cosplay as one anime character at the largest anime convention closest to you, who would you be, and why?
A: If I were actually brave enough to do it, I would cosplay as one of the Sailor Scouts from Sailor Moon. It’s mainly because it’s my all time favorite series growing up.
2. What is your favorite post on Anime B&B? If possible, explain.
A: I enjoyed your recent post about your reflections on animanga blogs. I thought it was really informative and it was a great discussion about what everyone’s own personal preferences are for wanting to follow certain blogs.
3. You’ve just been informed that you have one more day to live. What last meal would you like to eat?
A: This is tough. I suppose Chinese food would be my last meal. I would go for General Tsao’s chicken with a side of fried dumplings.
4. Looking at Hunter x Hunter‘s Nen chart and role descriptions, where do you most likely fit? Is that what you would wish for, or would you like to have a different ability?
- Enhancers are determined and simple. Most of them never lie and hide nothing. Their words and actions are often dominated by their feelings. They are generally very selfish and focused on their goals.
- Emitters are impatient and not detail-oriented. Many of them quick-tempered and hot-blooded. They resemble the users in building their impulsivity, but the difference with them, they probably tend to calm down and forget more easily.
- Manipulators are logical people who advance at their own pace. They are all for arguments and tend to want to keep their families and loved ones safe. On the other hand, when it comes to pursuing their own goals, they do not listen to what others might have to say about it.
- Transmuters are whimsical liars. Transmutation users have unique attitudes, and many are regarded as weirdos or cheaters. They rarely reveal their true intentions.
- Conjurers are typically high-strung.They are often on guard as to be overly cautious. They are very observant and rarely fall into the traps. Being able to analyze things calmly is the strength of the materialization of users.
- Specialists are individualistic and charismatic.They will tell you anything important on them, and refrain from being close friends. But, because of their natural charisma that draws others, they are always surrounded by many people.
A: These are really interesting. I would say I’m most like the Enhancer. I am very determined, and I try to be honest about my feelings when I can. I know I can also be an emotional person, but then again I’m also practical. I don’t make my decisions solely on emotions alone. I don’t think I want a different ability from the Enhancer, but I don’t ever want to be completely selfish that I only consider my goals and no one else.
5. Your life’s an anime accompanied by its own soundtrack and theme songs. Which composer would you like in control of your OST?
A: Kajiura Yuki and Kanon Wakeshima! The OST for Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and Vampire Knight feature these artists respectively. I really enjoyed how they conveyed the overall mood for each series. I don’t doubt they would create something amazing if my life were an anime with a soundtrack to go with it.
I don’t quite have five who can potentially do this, but these are the ones I want to tag to participate: Black Strawberry, Pixels and Panels, Gagging on Sexism, and Shoujo Corner. Now for the questions for those I tagged:
1. If you can go on a date with any anime character, who would it be and why?
2. When you first got into anime/manga, has it increased your interest in the Japanese language or culture?
3. How did you get into anime/manga?
4. What anime series, if any, are you currently watching?
5. If for one day you could be part of your favorite anime series, what would it be and why?
Since the rules say I also need to answer my own questions, here they are:
1. I would pick Mamoru from Sailor Moon. I think he would make an interesting date because he’s intelligent, charming, and very much the gentleman. I can see why Usagi would be attracted to him.
2. I know when I started watching anime and reading manga, I found myself fascinated by the Japanese culture. Everything about their culture is unique and a complete contrast from the American culture. I also liked how I managed to pick up some basic Japanese words just by watching anime, but it would be amazing if I could be fluent in it.
3. I got into it through a friend from high school. She showed me Sailor Moon and then Fushigi Yugi. From there, I started exploring other anime series or manga series on my own. I was hooked!
4. I’m currently watching Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, and having a hard time finishing it.
5. I would choose to be part of Ouran High School Host Club for a day. The amount of fun and craziness you can get into with the Host Club gang would be a day I wouldn’t forget!
I hope you enjoyed this fun little post!