A few days ago, Paprika-no-Yume nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. It was such a nice surprise and I’m truly honored to be recognized for it. Thanks so much Paprika! You are an awesome person and blogger. The award has rules just like the Liebster Blog Award so I’m going to do my best to follow them. Here goes!
- Thank the award giver and link back to their blog in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this award along to 15 blogs.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
I addressed number one so here’s seven random things about myself:
1. I have an obsessive love of flowers. I see flowers and I float towards them. Imagine me as an anime character doing something outrageous like that!
2. I’m actually a quiet person in real life. Someone would really have to make the effort to draw me out and get me to talk more. Once I feel comfortable, I open up more with the person and my talkative, dorky self comes out.
3. My music taste is quite varied. I’ll listen to anything that sounds good. As a result, I have no particular favorite artist.
4. I love the smell of paper.
5. I keep a personal journal to record anything significant in my life. I like the idea of having a collection of “books” so to speak about my life. Once the journals are finished, I store them away safely. I look back on them when I feel nostalgic. I’m quite surprised how much I may or may not have changed when I look back on what I have written in the past.
6. I yell at my TV while I play video games. I’ve developed gamer rage ever since I became one.
7. I’m an organized person. I really can’t stand clutter in my home and work life. My spaces need to be neat and tidy.
Now for my 15 nominees. Unfortunately, I know I won’t be able to list exactly 15 but it will have to do. Here are my nominees for the award in no particular order:
1. Shojo Corner
2. Anime With A Side of Sarcasm
4. Anime B&B
I really need to find more blogs to read, but these are my choices. Definitely not 15, but these blogs deserve it. Either way, it’s a wonderful thing to be nominated for a blog award by other great bloggers!
11 thoughts on “I got nominated again!”
Those are some interesting tibits. I used to keep a journal too, but for a couple years now, I kind of stopped writing in it. It wasn’t a conscious choice, just I got really busy the last few years (although this year I have more free time) and it got kicked to the curb. 😦 But I agree. It’s so much fun re-reading what you wrote. Some times I even laugh at my own melodrama. xD
I only write in my personal journal when I have something fairly significant happen to me, I have a comment on something that has happened to close friends/relatives, or just to let off some steam.
Which reminds me, I need to write something in my personal journal. I’ve been meaning to. *sighs*
Thank you so much for nominating me!
I also love flowers – especially if they’re purple. 😀 You should read some gardening manga (have you ever read Imadoki?).
And I, like you and soaringwings, also used to keep a journal. I wrote random stuff – sometimes I wrote when I was mad, and as the years went by I found myself writing more about anime and manga. I guess my journals (emphasis on the ‘s,’ as I’ve gone through several notebooks) were my blog’s predecessor. 🙂
I love Imadoki. It’s one of my favorite mangas. 😉
Journaling is definitely a good way to prepare for blogging. At least in this form we can connect with others who want to read what we have to say.
Congratulations on yet another award! You are definitely deserving of it!
Also, thank you for the nomination!
I love flowers as well! Too bad they don’t seem to reciprocate my feelings! The only things I can grow are marigolds and sunflowers. Apparently gardening skills skipped over me.
And paper…seriously, I thought I was the only one. Thank you for making me feel not so alone in the world!
Haha! Sure. I think it’s the writer in us that makes us love the smell of paper. 🙂 That’s why I’m having a hard time transitioning from actual books to e-books.
Thank you! 🙂