A random post for fun
So I got tagged by renxkyoko on her blog to do a fun questionnaire type thing. I haven’t filled these out in ages. I remember doing these things when friends used to tag me in emails or Xanga (does anyone remember Xanga?) to fill these out. I always found it interesting to see what people had to say. Just for today, I give you the not so usual post. At least you guys get to know a little bit about me.
Here are The Rules:
- You must post the rules.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them!
1. If you could invite 5 famous dead people to dinner, who would you choose?
A: William Shakespeare, Audrey Hepburn, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Martin Luther King Jr., and Jane Austen.
2. In a few sentences, give the reason why you’ve chosen each guest.
A: William Shakespeare because I want to know what it was like to come up with some of the plays he is known for. Audrey Hepburn because she was a great style icon and a great actress. F. Scott Fitzgerald because I want to know more about the decade he lived in. Martin Luther King Jr. because I want to ask him how he found the strength and courage each day to unite all races in harmony rather than hatred. Finally, Jane Austen because I would like to learn about her life and what was her inspiration behind Pride and Prejudice.
3. Would you consider marrying a person whose religion is fundamentally different from yours? Give a reason why you would or wouldn’t.
A: I believe I would. Although I am born and raised as Catholic, I don’t think religion should be a barrier for anyone if they truly love each other. I would respect the religion he chooses to practice or not practice. I also expect the same from my future husband. If we were to have children, I would hope we both can leave it up to them to decide what to practice or believe in.
4. Do you have a fetish? If yes, what is it?
A: Is having an unnatural obsession/love of flowers a fetish? XD
5. Which trait do you consider more important to you, intelligence or stunning physical appearance?
A: I think intelligence is important. Yes, looks do matter too even though we all try not to focus on looks too much. Looks can only get you so far though. I want to be with a guy who has a lot to say and has something to contribute in a conversation. What’s the point of having a gorgeous accessory on your arm when he doesn’t have much up in the brain department?
6. Let’s say you’re married with 2 young children, but then you fall madly in love (and it’s mutual) with another person…would you consider divorcing your spouse to be with this person?
A: Wow, this is a hard one to answer. I think it depends on the situation. Am I dissatisfied with my current husband? Is that the reason why I end up looking elsewhere and falling for someone else? Or am I in love with my husband still and somehow fell for another person as well? If it’s a case of being unhappy with my marriage, then I think I would divorce my husband to be with the new guy. Of course, this wouldn’t happen unless I’ve exhausted all avenues of trying to make it work with my husband. You want to make the marriage work, especially if children are involved. But if you’re miserable then it’s time to call it quits and try to gently explain to your kids what the situation is and that both of you will love them no matter what happens between you and your spouse. If it’s a case of being in love with two men at the same time, then I doubt I would leave my husband for this other man. I married my husband for a reason, right? I can’t throw that away over a new guy. We also have kids in this scenario.
7. Coffee or tea? Coke or Pepsi? Left handed or right handed?
A: Coffee. Coke. Right handed.
8. Do you believe in death penalty?
A: No. It’s like trying to play God by deciding who lives and who dies. I’d rather see the person rot in jail for the rest of their life rather than decide if they should die as a way of paying for their crimes. An eye for an eye never really solves anything, much less brings back the person you lost.
9. Your loved one cheated on you. You still love him/her, and she/he wants to come back to you, would you take her/him back?
A: Another tough one. I think it’s like the divorcing your spouse question, it depends on the situation. How badly did this person cheat on me? Was it a one time thing? Was their a bad argument between us to cause him to cheat? If it’s a case of lapse in judgement and the cheating happened once and not repeatedly, then I may take the person back. If anything, the person would have to earn my trust again if I were to take him back fully. If it’s a repeated occurrence, then no. I would never take him back no matter how much I loved him.
10. Would you get attracted to a person of different race and color? Why or why not?
A: I would and I have. Living and growing up in NYC, you’re surrounded by different races and ethnic backgrounds. All are attractive no matter what race or skin color you are. Love/attraction is color blind in my opinion.
11. Which one do you believe in? Evolution or Creationism? Kindly state your reason in a few sentences as possible.
A: Evolution. I like to think that the passage of time has led us to become who we are now…human. Apparently we were once cavemen who couldn’t articulate very well until our minds have advanced and grown for us to become the complex beings we are today.
That answers all the questions. The rules say to tag 11 people and to create 11 questions of your own. I’m not sure who to tag for this or if anyone would be willing to do this. If you want to join this little questionnaire thing, then leave me a comment and I’ll come up with 11 questions for you to answer. If not, then enjoy reading my responses to the questions I have been tagged for.
03/21/2012 EDIT: So I have three people who want to join in on the random questionnaire thing. Tagged so far are soaringwingsblog, Heroine of Shoujo, and Lazy Cat Cafe. I came up with 11 questions of my own for the tagged to answer. If anyone else would like to join and post these questions on their blog to answer, be sure to comment and let me know you will be joining this. I would love to read your answers. Here are the questions:
1. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you want to have with you and why?
2. If this were your last day on Earth, how would you spend it?
3. Did you have a favorite childhood toy? If yes, what was it?
4. What are your favorite television shows you are watching right now?
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world and money is not the problem, where would you go and why?
6. If you won the lottery tomorrow, how would you spend the money?
7. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
8. Is there someone you idolize. If yes, who is it and why?
9. Do you believe in the idea of a soulmate? Explain your reasons briefly.
10. What’s your happiest memory?
11. What’s your favorite thing to do during your free time?